Dry fly, wet fly and a tube fly


Dry flies, wet flies, and tubes

Flies either fish on the surface or under the surface. The flies that fish in or on the surface are called dry flies. Those that fish under the surface are called wet flies. These are useful terms to know. The tube flies can of course be either dry flies or wet flies.

Dry flies


Wet flies


Tube flies


Must big flies be so heavy?